Proposal to approve the job description for Executive Director.
Note: Approval will repeal part of the Cwtch Proposal - Namely $6000 of people salaries will be placed back into general funds.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Open Privacy’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. They will develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and development plans.
Salary: $2024/month (160 hours @ $12.65/hr)
Organizational Vision, Strategy and Operations
- Develop and implement strategic plans that meet the goals and objectives of Open Privacy created in partnership with the Board of Directors
- Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization
- Develop positive relationships with key stakeholders within civil society and government
- Actively engage and energize Open Privacy’s volunteers, board members, committees, partnering organizations, and funders
- Proactively address challenges in the internal and external environment to protect Open Privacy’s interests
Fundraising & Communications
- Expand fundraising activities to support new and existing research intiatives
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications, from web presence to external relations, with the goal of creating a stronger brand
Open Privacy is a research organization, and as such the executive director is expected to lead and work on technical and social privacy research initiatives as a secondary role.
- Working with the Research Director to ensure that planned, new and existing research initiatives have adequate funding and are consistent with the moral and ethical values of Open Privacy
- Develop new privacy enhancing technologies and tools suited for use by marginalized communities
Conflicts of Interest
The following board members are prohibited from voting on this proposal and, as such, must abstain:
- Sarah Jamie Lewis - Direct Conflict
- Erinn Atwater - Indirect Conflict